Energy of the Sun people have become interested in long before the modern solar power plants. 9 interesting facts about solar energy, which is to learn.
After the formal permission to use alternative energy has been granted to individuals, many owners of private houses, cottages and households started considering expediency of such a step. Despite the known benefits of using solar panels, installation of a household solar power plant proves quite a large investment for an average citizen of Ukraine, even though the cost of equipment has in recent years significantly decreased (at least twofold).
Above all, in order to make the right choice, it is important to assess the key advantages and disadvantages of household solar power systems.
- Free-of-charge power supply. You pay only once: when purchasing the equipment (an exception is when you wish to upgrade the plant and increase its capacity after a certain period of operation), while afterwards you need not make any financial investments – you just get power free-of-charge.
- Total environmental friendliness. It is rather an ethical issue regarded important by many. We know how seriously our environment is harmed by power generation in the traditional way, and we have now every chance to fix the situation. The process of converting solar energy into electric current is completely safe and harmless, since the plant does not either emit or absorb anything – it really is an eco-friendly method to generate power for any needs.
- Autonomy option. This option is important for the owners of houses, cottages and households located remotely from the city power lines. To extend power lines to the desired location, one will have to pay all the infrastructure-related costs. An excellent alternative option is an autonomous SPP, comprising batteries accumulating energy to provide power supply both at night and on cloudy days.
- Reliable investment and regular income due to the ‘green tariff’. Household SPPs connected to the public network provide owners with an excellent opportunity of both effective saving costs and gaining income due to the ‘green tariff’, at which the owners of solar plants sell electricity to the public network. The ‘green tariff’ rate is dependent on the euro, which is especially important in the current economic situation.
- Compatibility with other sources of both traditional and alternative energetics. Such plants are called hybrid ones. They combine multiple sources to ensure power is generated under any circumstances: for example, there are wind and solar panels, which combine the capacity of both solar and wind power plants while supplying electric power to the facility virtually under any weather conditions.
- Energy independence. Recurring blackouts and power surges cause a lot of inconvenience to owners of cottages and houses, whereas in the most severe cases the expensive household appliances and electronics can break down. Besides, power supply of a private home or a whole household from public network comes at a price, especially given the new tariffs. Solar power plants contribute to gaining energy independence and forever forgetting about the huge amounts in electricity bills.
- Relative expensiveness. Currently, solar panels are not as affordable as we would like them to be. Of course, a few thousand euros for energy independence is not that much money, but we are well aware that not every citizen of our country can afford this.
- Uneven power generation. This applies to SPPs connected to the network which do not accumulate energy. Such stations, alas, provide power supply only on sunny days, whereas in case of cloudy weather and at night power will be supplied from the network. However, if you take part in the ‘green tariff’ plan, the excess energy will be fed into the network with the payment sum received being more than enough to cover the electricity costs.
- A SPP requires certain space to be installed. An arguable disadvantage, but still – a SPP needs space: on the roof, on a wall or on a land plot.
- The location area should be cleared of vegetation. If the plant is to be installed in a verdured location, you will have to perform periodical clear cutting in order to ensure sunlight can access the surface of solar panels.
The current trend shows increasing growth in demand for solar panels. People more often opt for alternative sources to ensure power supply to their homes, because they understand it is more expedient from an economic point of view and also reduces burden on the state. In any case, the choice is yours!
More materials about the most interesting and important events in the solar industry.
Oil, gas and coal - it dries out the energy sources that will sooner or later run out. Therefore, more attention is paid to alternative energy sources (air mass, water, geothermal and so on. D.).
The sun does not expose you to account. Start saving today.Full brief