2014 was a turning point in the solar power industry in Ukraine. Earlier build SES allowed only in the commercial sector, and from January 1, 2014 it became possible for non-commercial structures.
Water heating by the Sun is a cost-effective choice for both domestic and business needs. A solar water heater is called a solar collector while being a passive unit for thermal energy collection.
A predecessor of modern solar cells, the solar collector uses water to produce electricity. At that, during collector's operation the water is heated sufficiently to provide hot water supply to a facility as a whole. Solar panels are currently used to collect solar energy and generate electricity directly from sunlight, but the solar collectors are still relevant while being used for heat supply of premises by heating water.
Solar collector types
Flat-plate type: shaped as a glass-enclosed frame with heat-absorbing tubes holding water or antifreeze fluid fixed beneath.
The main advantages of flat-plate collectors:
- high performance under hot and warm climate conditions
- easy cleaning after downtime
- low cost of equipment
Vacuum type: this type collectors comprise a set of copper tubes, each of those equipped with own insulation. Actually, the vacuum here acts as an insulating material. With a very low thermal conductivity, it reduces heat loss to a minimum.
- Seasonal or passive: such collectors are only suitable for seasonal use, as they are not equipped with heat-carrier anti-freeze protective means, while consisting of the collecting part itself and a water reservoir.
- All-season or active: suitable for year-round use on account of the electrical reheating function and capability to provide the necessary water temperature on both cloudy days and in winter.
Advantages of vacuum type collectors:
- suitable for water heating and generating electricity in temperate latitudes and under cold climate conditions
- high efficiency factor and low heat losses
- reliability and stability: such a system is immune to rain, hail and heavy winds
The choice is yours
Analyze all the source data and make a choice in favor of the system most suitable for your environment.
- For example, flat-plate collectors prove to be an excellent solution for hot water supply purposes at cottages and seasonal facilities idling during the cold season.
- A vacuum collector is suitable for buildings, households and businesses requiring all year round supply.
Ekotechnik company implements both private and corporate solar energy projects all around Ukraine. We will help you select the perfect solar collector option based on individual consumption needs and install the system at a suitable place.
Contribute to renewable energetics development in Ukraine together with Ekotechnik!
More materials about the most interesting and important events in the solar industry.
Ukraine has a powerful enough solar potential, which is not used or developed. Failure to invest in the development of alternative sources of energy has led to a crisis of our shit. But the solution is so close.
The sun does not expose you to account. Start saving today.Full brief